A-4 Skyhawk Items at Amazon

Monday, April 25, 2011

Practice Bomb Dispenser

Right now I am leaning towards the 2008 Xnir photo of 544 landing.  Which means weathering on the aircraft.  No fuel tanks or weapons on the wing pylons. 

But I am a bit stumped for the centerline.  As far as I know, no one has the practice bomb dispenser as an aftermarket part.  Judging from this picture of 542, the dispenser carries six 25lb practice bombs and perhaps a foot longer than the centerline pylon.  Some of the dispensers have four 'tubes' in the nose and tail, not sure what that means.

Since I have started working on the cockpit area, still got time for research.  If anyone has any ideas, pictures, dimensions, or plans for this dispenser; please let me know.  The same dispensers are still used on the F-16I Sufa judging from several pictures in the Isra Decal book on the Sufa. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment