A-4 Skyhawk Items at Amazon

Sunday, November 13, 2011

VT-22 TA-4J 158085

It's offical, I am burned out on the major conversion project of turning that OA-4M into a TA-4H.  Which is why I have not been doing anything on this blog for so long.

To break the logjam I have moved onto another Skyhawk.  This time the Hasegawa 1/48th scaled TA-4J Skyhawk kit.  I am building it in the 75th Anniversary markings of TA-4J Bu No 158085 when assigned to VT-22 and painted in bright blue and gold paint scheme.

I am trying to build this kit as straight out of the box as possible.  So using the four piece ejection seats that are kit supplied, will add oxygen hose.  Stole from the spares box a set of painted main wheels from a Classic Airframes TA-4J since they are very similar to the Hasegawa wheels.  I am pre-painting as much as possible.

Got a few gripes.  There are about a billion little plastic tabs that need to be cut off even the most delicate of plastic parts.  There are details in the landing gear wells I have never seen in photos.  And the instrument panel decals and probably the whole decal sheet are incredily thick, I am using a lot of Micro-Set and Micro-Sol on them to make them sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment