A-4 Skyhawk Items at Amazon

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hey Where's The Defrost?


So I am installing the refueling probe and have to overcome an oversight from HobbyCraft.  They did not include an alignment pin to make sure you install the probe correctly.  So built up a platform from modelers clay to rest the probe and nose on.  Made sure the probe was in line with the win and level, then glued.

And as I doing that something else finally smacks me between the eyes.  This kit does not have the defrost vent that is just in front of all flat windscreen Skyhawks.  Luckily quickly cut a piece of sheet plastic, sanded it to shape, and glued it before I changed my mind.  Then when I saw the picture, realized the vent was crooked; had to quickly fix that before the glue set.

And finally you can see the tan avionics hump from the Monogram kit that I took out of the spares box.  Still do not understand why the kit supplied one refused to cure and stay together.

No comments:

Post a Comment