A-4 Skyhawk Items at Amazon

Friday, April 25, 2014

TA-4H Correction

Just when I thought I was going to start shooting Sand for the top pattern I found a problem.

Upon closer examination of photos of TA-4H 544 the plane has the mis-matched small intakes just aft of where the fuselage breaks in two for engine replacement.  The right side one is larger than the one on the left.

Left side - small intake just above and in front of the open spoiler.

Right side just above the right main gear can see the larger intake.

What this means is, 544 should have fitted the J-52P-400 engine of over 11,000lbs thrust like the A-4N.  Which means the OA-4M intakes that I have glued on are incorrect, would need the intakes from an A-4M or Super Fox to be correct correct.  Or I leave it as is since the difference between the two intake styles in 1/48 scale is almost microscopic.

No comments:

Post a Comment